Larraitz-normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.02280°N / 2.0884°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

SouthWest face of TxindokiNormal route

See the main page to approach to Larraitz, trailhead of the route.

Route Description

Col of EgurralCol of Egurral

Slope: 948 meters.
Time: 2h 15 min to summit (total: 4h)

From the parking of Larraitz we'll take the path of the track of stones. In the first bifurcation of track we'll must to go to the left (the right track go to the mount Ausa Gaztelu). In a long zig-zag the track we'll go little by little gaining height. In the second bifurcation we'll must to take in right direction (in the left you can to see the anthem and it's the point to take the route of waterfall of Muize). This initial path is confortable to reach the upper plains of the col of Egurral (1162m, 1h 40 min). From this point you can to see the access to the final pyramid (but in foggy days can be difficult and dangerous specially with the wet rocks of the narrow summit). The path to reach the pyramid is the hardest part of the route, intially across a path and finally across the rocks of the karstic summit (1348 meters, 2h 15min).

The descent is posible for the same route or across the waterfall of Muize for the mountaineers (the path it's a little more exposed)

Essential Gear

Nothing special in spring or summer.
In winter is a great climb in the morning but for the last slope to the summit from col of Egurral you need crampons and ice-axe if the snow covered the mountain (you must to select the apropiate day in good weather conditions but in bad days is a little dangerous specially the final rocky summit). Because the snowfall is changing in a mountain not very high probably the best eppoch to make a winter climb is february-march (I climbed the peak two times in january without snow and one time in march with spectacullar route in the snow).

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

TxindokiRoutes