Leibelthal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.97710°N / 6.99000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


To Mittlach : see Rothenbachkopf main page.
In the center of Mittlach, turn right and cross the bridge of the river Fecht, continue on the little road through the hamlet Erbersch. The road follows the Kolbenfecht river and ends at Kolbenwasen (chapel). Park.


Route Description


Follow in NW direction the path marked with yellow disks. The begin of the path is between the big tree and the chapel.
After some bends you reach the Leibelthal. An other path on the right leads here to Altenweiher (lake).
Deep in the Leibelthal, the path turns left and climbs in numerous short bends the east face of the Rothenbachkopf.
Under the summit bulk you reach the path coming from the farm-inn Steinwasen, southern located. Continue in N direction. You reach the Rothenbachkopf collar (between Rothenbachkopf and Rainkopf), 1205 m. Follow then the N ridge of the Rothenbachkopf to the summit.

To descend : you can use the Steinwasen route.


Essential Gear


No gear is necessary


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.