Viewing: 1-20 of 40
12
mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Jan 3, 2010 7:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Quality over Quantity

You’re doing a great job Eric. The amount of mountains that you climb isn’t important. As long as you are having fun climbing the ones that you are able to is what matters.

imontop

imontop - Jan 3, 2010 9:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks MG!

That means alot coming from you. I've always enjoyed your stuff here on SP. The pages you have are amazing, and I can tell that you really enjoy writing them. Thanks again!

JDrake

JDrake - Jan 4, 2010 9:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Priorities

You got yours right my friend:

"2008. We adopt Kash, and take on the responsibilty of caring for a handicapped child. This wasn't in the cards...

2009. I love this little boy more than life itself!"

Life is unpredictable, but fortunately, the mountains are, and they will always be a place to escape for a bit. I do empathize with you and your desire to "climb it all." At times I was guilty of thinking "oh, this will make a good TR" or "if the sun would just shine differently my picture would be better." Then I realized I wasn't hiking or climbing for me, and the experience wasn't the same. SP is awesome, but now I share some pics here and there while reserving some of those precious outdoor experiences to only my memory.

Of course, I still like seeing the votes. Damn, I haven't overcome SP fever yet I guess...

Keep up the good work - both on SP and in life!

imontop

imontop - Jan 5, 2010 3:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Priorities

I really appreciate your comments. Yes, life is very unpredictable. Thats what helps grow I guess. Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only SP nerd out there!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jan 4, 2010 10:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Sweet.

Often, human beings are wonderful.

EricChu

EricChu - Jan 5, 2010 3:54 pm - Voted 10/10

I like that!

I found that a very nice and very human article! Cheers to you,

Eric (my real name too - Maurice Ravel is a favorite composer of mine!)

imontop

imontop - Jan 6, 2010 7:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I like that!

Thanks for the comment. That makes me feel good, because that is exactly what I was trying for. Eric is a cool name huh?

Tracy

Tracy - Jan 7, 2010 3:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks

for the reminder about whats really important. I climbed over a hundred peaks last year and was starting to feel like I had to match that this year. So far I have none (that may change tomorrow). However, friends, family, and community service are all rewarding and give a sense of satisfaction also. I guess the key is, " In your life's journey, pursue your passion, but maintain balance!"

imontop

imontop - Jan 7, 2010 4:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

Thanks! Glad I was able to help. Happy climbing man!

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Jan 9, 2010 4:21 pm - Voted 10/10

No truer words

could be written regarding what is REALLY important in life. Too many times we loose track of the basic necessities of the human existence ...to love and be loved ...as well as...the blessing of learning to seflessly care for others who are not capable of caring for themselves... Your article reminds us of these key elements. If we all could do this for just one other person in our lives the world would be a much healthier/happier place! Thanks for sharing.

imontop

imontop - Jan 9, 2010 11:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: No truer words

Thank you for your comments! It was a spur of the moment thing, and I was pleasantly surprised how easy the words flowed onto the monitor.

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Jan 10, 2010 12:06 am - Voted 10/10

Re: No truer words

we too have an adopted child who is a challenge to parent. There is much anguish and even more joy as we learn to parent her. I also find solace and respite in the mountains and draw strength there as I contemplate the true significance of life.

Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Jan 10, 2010 8:18 am - Voted 10/10

Great Article; Great Attitude!

It's obvious from the article that you're not going to let life's challenges get in the way of appreciating the wonders of life itself. Very inspiring; thanks for sharing! --mark d.

imontop

imontop - Jan 10, 2010 9:39 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Article; Great Attitude!

Thanks Mark, and you're welcome!

Stu Brandel

Stu Brandel - Jan 10, 2010 11:39 am - Voted 10/10

Well Done

You put some important things into words. I too have felt the pull of 'Summit Post Fever', both as a positive and a negative. I have a daughter with cerebral palsy. Climbing is something that refreshes me and renews my soul but it also can become an ego driven escape. Keep climbing all your mountains.

imontop

imontop - Jan 10, 2010 3:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Well Done

Thanks! It's amazing what these kids with special needs bring to your life.

climber555

climber555 - Jan 10, 2010 5:26 pm - Voted 10/10

well spoken

You have spoken like a man. You know what is important. Keep climbing as much as you can, but make sure to take the time to enjoy it. You are lucky man to live in Utah, as my Black Hills seem small and not high enough anymore. I have to drive 4 hours just to get above treeline. If climbing mountains makes you happy, then don't stop. Just climb higher.

imontop

imontop - Jan 10, 2010 6:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: well spoken

Thanks man! The Black Hills look cool to me!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jan 10, 2010 9:15 pm - Voted 10/10

I spent too much time

on SP's forum pages last year. I'd like to have those hours back,
but that's the thing about time, it waits for no one.

Hey, this is a mountain-related site, but you don't have to be
climbing mountains every weekend to impress people you don't even know.

I wish you the best!

As singer Rick Nelsen once sang, "You can't please everyone, so
you gotta please yourself !!!"

imontop

imontop - Jan 10, 2010 9:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I spent too much time

Thanks Larry. I still check on those few SP'rs that I consider friends, even though I've never met them, and that includes you!

Viewing: 1-20 of 40
12
Return to 'Life slaps me upside my head!' main page