Viewing: 21-40 of 52 « PREV 1 2 3 NEXT »

Dennis PoulinUntitled Comment

Dennis Poulin

Great Page! Only you could make this miserable mountain of brush sound enticing.
Posted Nov 13, 2005 1:13 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

I appreciated your fine guiding on this Denali lookalike. The fee charged was very reasonable (a hamburger in Lower Lake) Thanks for your vote, the reason this one was fun was because you took the time to repeat it with three others who were needy.
Posted Nov 13, 2005 2:56 pm

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Excellent page!!
Posted Nov 13, 2005 10:21 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you. The picture on the front page kind of reminds of some of the peaks I saw back east. I don't think the brush was as nasty or vicious as what Little Blue Peak is protected by. I enjoy all the pages you have been putting up, keep up the good work.
Posted Nov 14, 2005 11:17 am

EastKingUntitled Comment

EastKing

Thank you. Hopefully many more will be up this winter.
Posted Nov 16, 2005 2:04 pm

WoundedKneeUntitled Comment

WoundedKnee

Nice page, but yikes! Seems like you really earn this one.
Posted Nov 14, 2005 10:27 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you for your vote on this one. Yeah, this one is a fun one for sure. See Dennis Poulins trip report that he recently added, it is enough to make you never want to do this one.
Posted Nov 14, 2005 11:20 am

DigglerUntitled Comment

Diggler

Nice, informative page, Dean. Got your book in the mail, too. Thanks again!
Posted Nov 14, 2005 12:04 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Great, enjoy that book and don't worry about sending it back. Thanks for checking this one out and for voting on it.
Posted Nov 14, 2005 2:14 pm

Matthew HollimanUntitled Comment

Matthew Holliman

Interesting page. Sounds like the kind of peak Bob would want to go and visit sometime. I, on the other hand, might need some persuading.

P.S. In the excitement of contemplating the bushwhack to tag this enticing and elusive summit, I almost forgot to mention there's a slight problem with the HTML for the weather links on the page--looks like some IMG attributes ("alt = ..." etc.) are being displayed in the text rather than being interpreted by the browser.
Posted Nov 14, 2005 3:30 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Of course it is the kind of peak Bob would love to do. You noticed the part where Adam Helman recommended that he'd recommend doing this one ONLY if you were going to do all the county highpoints? Otherwise, one of those Sierra or Nevada peaks would be a better choice.

Thanks for the heads up on the html tags, for some reason I didn't even see those but they're cleaned up now. Thank you for the vote and for checking the page out.
Posted Nov 14, 2005 3:50 pm

Joseph BulloughUntitled Comment

Joseph Bullough

Nice job Dean.
Posted Nov 15, 2005 1:25 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Joseph. The best way to do this peak is wait until they have a HUGE snowfall that covers everything to a depth of about ten feet and consolidates. Then walk over the top. Have a great winter in Utah again.
Posted Nov 15, 2005 10:32 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

You chose excellent words for the rendering of your opinion and I appreciate them all as well as the vote. Actually, thanks for all your help on this effort, it has been a fun one to put together and your original trip report posted at cohp.org provided a lot of good inspiration.
Posted Nov 15, 2005 3:52 pm

rpcUntitled Comment

rpc

Dean,

thorough and beautiful page!
Posted Nov 15, 2005 6:21 pm

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Radek, it is a real change of pace to do one like this. Hey, ask Dennis about Tombstone peak sometime, he is looking for a vic.... errr, partner for that one.
Posted Nov 15, 2005 10:33 pm

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

Nice work as always. Man, I get tired just looking at the amount of work you put into your pages. Great stuff Dean! -Bob
Posted Nov 16, 2005 12:11 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Thank you Bob. I must have too much time on my hands at the moment. I gotta get out. Actually this one turned out to be more fun than I thought it would be to put up as a page at SP.

Hard to believe it was almost a year ago when we did this one. Funny to need loppers along as the most essential tool to climb a peak, that was a first for me. Schreiber Peak, bring it on.
Posted Nov 16, 2005 12:17 am

Bob BoltonUntitled Comment

Bob Bolton

I just sent you a thread on Shreiner. Looks like Brian Jenkins and I will attempt that puppy next spring. We'll be letting you know so you can come down and join us. If anyone else is interested let us know. -Bob
Posted Nov 16, 2005 1:21 am

chskierUntitled Comment

chskier

My pleasure. I have enjoyed your contributions to SP and have also admired your efforts out there in the mountains.
Posted Nov 16, 2005 12:29 am