Margie’s Mountain GranolaMargie’s Mountain Granola
8 Cups Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Honey
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 ½ cup Shelled, unsalted Sunflower Seeds (Toasted)
2/3 cup Sesame Seeds (Toasted)
1 Cup Sliced unsalted Almonds (Toasted)
• Preheat oven to 350.
• Place Oatmeal in a large bowl
• In a medium sauce pan heat oil, brown sugar and honey over medium heat until thin (about 5 minutes)- Remove from heat
• Add Vanilla, Cinnamon and Salt to the oil-brown sugar mixture
• Pour over Oatmeal
• Add sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and almonds and toss to combine
• Spread evenly on two baking sheets.
• Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes
• Cool for a couple hours (Don’t eat it all….)
• Put into 12 small sealable plastic bags (8 ounces) for the trail.
Toasting Seeds- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 deg- Place Seeds on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until toasty brown.