Mike's Appeal Mountaineering Club 2003

Mike's Appeal Mountaineering Club 2003

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 27.98330°N / 86.81670°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 1, 2003
In April/May 2003 eight members of our special mountaineering club spent a month or two in Nepal, partly trekking and climbing whilst also raising funds for two charities connected to Nepal and Cancer Research UK. Part of the trip was into Langtang which is reported on the Yala page. The major part of the trip was into the Khumbu trekking to Everest Base Camp, scrambling up Kala Pataar and climbing Imja Tse. The trip was made more interesting by trying, and succeeding, to break the world altitude record for extreme ironing. If you haven't heard of this awesome sport then check out the link in the Kala Pataar links page to the EI website. The trek and climb was conducted at a leisurely pace, visiting old friends and making new ones in Phakding, Namche, Pheriche and Dingboche. If you ever do this trip, take your time, stay extra nights at Dughla and Lobuche, visit the medical post at Pheriche and listen to the experts on AMS, and take time to explore Thyangboche monastery, the Pyramid at Lobuche.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Kala PataarTrip Reports