Viewing: 1-16 of 16
desainme

desainme - May 5, 2005 5:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I thought that lots of molybdenite was shipped to Italy so that it could be forged into Lost Arrows, Bugaboos and the like.

rpc

rpc - May 5, 2005 6:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Mo info on Mo here:



http://www.webelements.com/webelements/elements/text/Mo/key.html

Klenke

Klenke - May 5, 2005 7:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Your link is kind of similar (and actually a reduction in scope) to the link I already provided on the main page.



Thanks for the vote....even if you never do climb this heap.



Say, when are you going to give Ship Rock a go?

rpc

rpc - May 5, 2005 7:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

It's been a while since I last got fined/arrested for trespassing....

No plans (yet) but would love to do that climb...and while talking about illegal sh.. to climb, why not toss in the Totem Pole in AZ (strictly no climbing zone)...that's a beauty!

Klenke

Klenke - May 5, 2005 8:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

You could pose as a botanist or zoologist for either of those. You could go to the Indian Agency (the Navajo for Ship Rock) and tell them you're going up there to check for a hardy species of something that is known to grow in rock like that. If they ask for a science license or some other form of identification say you accidentally left it at home. Nah, probably won't work. Would be better just to park the car out of sight and go from there. On the north side of the peak about a mile from it there is an arroyo area with trees to hide the vehicle behind. I doubt anyone will see you. It's not teeming with people life out there, you know.

Lee Stamm

Lee Stamm - May 5, 2005 9:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page, Paul. Molybdenite doesn't look much different now than it did when I was up there 22 years ago. Except for a little shuffling of logged/regrown areas.

miztflip

miztflip - May 5, 2005 10:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work Paul!

Bor

Bor - May 6, 2005 1:40 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page!



Cheers!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - May 6, 2005 8:15 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

What is so hard about spelling molybdenite? Doing it with your eyes closed? Extreme spelling? And now do it in reverse...

Klenke

Klenke - May 6, 2005 12:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Mines: Strip mines are the worst. A blight but a necessary evil for 1st World countries. What can we do?

Thanks for the vote.

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - May 6, 2005 11:35 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Did you get your 2,400 feet per hour? That shiznit would leave me in the dust.

Klenke

Klenke - May 6, 2005 12:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Not on this one, I didn't. Mainly this was because I had to walk a flat walking road for an hour, which amounted to 800 feet per hour. Once I got off the logging roads in the upper part I was probably doing the high teens.

Thanks, MC Hammer.

Derek Franzen

Derek Franzen - May 6, 2005 12:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I've enjoyed the mountains (around the Pend Orielle) with the kids while camping. Glad to see some of the mountains (there) posted.

Corax

Corax - May 6, 2005 6:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting.

wildstar

wildstar - May 7, 2005 12:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Jun 24, 2013 1:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Molybdenite

Actually, molybdenite was mined out of Chelan County (Crown Point Mine) according to that site you cite. Just letting you know, it's in WA also.

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'Molybdenite Mountain' main page