Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Matthew Van Horn

Matthew Van Horn - Aug 16, 2008 1:20 am - Voted 10/10

good day

Nice to meet you near the summit. I came up by myself from the Orson Smith TH (Cherry Canyon trail), then met up with the Draper Ridge/Jacob's Ladder route. It was my first time through the cirque without snow. I'm hooked!

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Aug 18, 2008 1:38 am - Hasn't voted

Re: good day

It was fun meeting you and others on the trail that day as well. That cirque sure is something. It might just be my new favorite spot in the Wasatch.

tmcrane

tmcrane - Aug 18, 2008 1:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome pictures

I enjoyed your trip report! I was one of the Idaho hikers that you met up with. Your pictures turned out alot better than mine; they really capture the amazing views on Lone Peak. Thanks for the good company and hopefully we'll bump into each other again!

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Aug 18, 2008 4:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome pictures

Thanks. I enjoyed tagging along with you guys, and it's always fun meeting fellow hikers/SPers on the mountain. After talking with you about some of your other hikes, maybe I'll give Borah a try. Don't think I'm quite ready for the Grand Teton, though!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Aug 19, 2008 12:27 am - Voted 10/10

Stunning

spectacle of a trip report! Have any of your guys/gals/group ever
been to Deseret Peak lately? There's another awesome face that
rises above South Willow Lake - I'd like to see a recent photograph! You gotta love cirques in the Great Basin Mtns.!!

Larry of AZ

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Aug 19, 2008 10:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Stunning

Thanks for the nice comments. Deseret Peak is one of the next ones on my list. Sean Peckham went up there last summer and got some good pictures.

seanpeckham

seanpeckham - Aug 19, 2008 4:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Hey, why didn't you tell me...

...you had written this!? I had to find out from Kendrick! Nice job on the successful hike, and great photos as usual. And good that Krazy K didn't buttscreen you off the summit block ;) I'm increasingly becoming a huge fan of Gatorade. I brought a whole "can" (those orange plastic containers) of the powder on my 7-day hike a couple weeks ago (which is why I unfortunately couldn't join you on this hike) and though we initially questioned the advisability of taking up that much space in the bear canister, in retrospect it was one of the smartest things I brought.

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Aug 19, 2008 5:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey, why didn't you tell me...

Sorry I spaced on the e-mail. Must have forgotten to CC you. It's too bad you couldn't come, but Mount Whitney and the PC trail are definitely a good substitute. You'll have to post some photos from your trip.
I agree about the Gatorade. Maybe I'll just go all Gatorade next time instead of taking water.

D-bo

D-bo - May 2, 2009 3:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Looks fun

Good report with great photos.

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - May 19, 2009 4:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Looks fun

Thanks. The first part of the hike is a long slog, but up at the cirque it's great.

Ryan Borzea

Ryan Borzea - Sep 19, 2012 5:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Cant wait!

Good Trip Report! We're headed up there this weekend, got me stoked reading your report. Thanks for the trail advise, every little bit of info. is good to have on a hike.

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Sep 20, 2012 1:55 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Cant wait!

Thanks. Best wishes for a fun hike on one of the best peaks in the Wasatch!

dave23

dave23 - Nov 20, 2015 3:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice..

I climbed Lone peak in 2013.. Still count it as one of my all time favorites.

Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Nov 24, 2015 3:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice..

Yep, it's definitely a must-do for anyone hiking in the Wasatch.

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Return to 'Monarch of the Wasatch - Jacobs Ladder' main page