Mont Fallere starting from Nuova Thouraz

Mont Fallere starting from Nuova Thouraz

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.77710°N / 7.19670°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike till the East top, easy scramble the last 80
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up till the East top, take care from the East top to the West one
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The point of departure is Nuova Thouraz, a small village in front of Monte Emilius, approx. 1700 m. high.

Route Description

In Aosta, in the North/East of the town where the road to the Gran San Bernardo Pass starts, follow the indication to Arpuilles or to Ville Sur Sarre: after a few km of road, you will find the Routes dei Salassi, a scenic road starting in Buthier (village close to Gignod, in the Gran San Bernardo Valley) and crossing the right side mountains of the Aosta Valley, direction Cormayeur, at 800/1300 m.
Before Ville sur Sarre there is another indication: Nuova Thouraz; follow this one till the pavimented road ends. Leave the car and follow the sign Mont Fallere, along the road forbidden to the cars, that brings to the highest farms; hike for 7/8 km till the lake Fallere; at this point the way is the same already descripted.

Essential Gear

The road forbidden is open the 22 of August; there is the feast of Ville sur Sarre, and all the road that brings to the highest farm are open to everybody; the priest of Ville Sur Sarre says a mass on the top of Mont Fallere.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.