Monte Cristo Trailhead

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 39.38520°N / 106.0671°W
Additional Information County: Summit
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 10900 ft / 3322 m

Driving Directions

From Breckenridge, drive 8 miles south on Colorado 9. Turn right (west) on the Blue Lakes #850 Road. Drive a few hundred yards and turn right on the McCullough Gulch #851 Road. There is a sign for the Quandary Peak Trail at this junction. Drive 0.1 mile to a small parking area on the right side of the road.

The U.S. Forest Service has installed a sign/kiosk that faces away from the road. Walk up the road to the next corner and the trail starts on the left. This is a new trailhead and replaces the previous trailhead 1 mile up the road. There is ample room for about 10 cars here, overflow should park along the road out of the way.

During Winter and Spring, this road is closed. There will be a plowed-out parking area at the beginning of McCullough Gulch #851 with room for about three cars.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Tenmile RangeTrailheads