Spruce Creek Trailhead

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 39.43570°N / 106.0536°W
Additional Information County: Summit
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 10440 ft / 3182 m

Driving Directions

From the south end of Breckenridge, drive 2 miles south on Colorado 9. Turn right on Spruce Creek Road. There is a sign here that says "The Crown".

Stay right up a small hill and then left at an intersection. There are several side roads in this area. Stay on the main road and drive 1.2 miles (from Highway 9) to the Spruce Creek trailhead at 10,400'. There is a large parking area here. This trailhead is accessible in Winter.

Four Wheel Drive Trailhead

The road gets a tad rougher as it passes through a parking area for trailheads. Proceed through this area. The next stretch is covered in loose rock and gets rougher, but high clearance vehicles will do fine. A spur road to the right invites investigation, but it dead ends quickly. Stay to your left. The road drops down into a draw, and in some conditions, this stretch may require 4WD. The last stretch is rougher and 4WD or at least low gear is recommended. Climbing out of the draw, you’ll arrive at a water diversion facility, where you can park, or park just beyond at the trailhead. Distance from Highway 9 to the road’s end is 3 miles.

NOTE: 4WD or high clearance is recommended to get to the end of the road and the Spruce Creek trailhead. Depending on your vehicle’s abilities, you may have to park earlier and walk some of the road.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Tenmile RangeTrailheads