Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.76364°N / 10.93370°E
Additional Information Elevation: 5269 ft / 1606 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

M. Vignola is a mountain of small elevation (1607 m.) but of great strategic importance, in fact from its top the view sweeps over the entire Vallagarina and Adige valley from north to south.

 During the First World War the M. Vignola hosted a fortified belt composed of barracks of the Austro-Hungarian empire with the purpose of controlling the Adige valley. ( Trentino First World War )

The summit is located inside the natural park of Monte Baldo range.

Baldo group:Corno della Paura
Baldo group:Corno della Paura

Worth to be mentioned the pass of the Bocca d'Ardole – Corno della Paura as a site of international importance (Nature 2000 in Trentino): here an important migratory flow of bird species transits,  one of the most important passes in the Alps, recognized by the European community:

Bocca d'Ardole - Corno della Paura (Z.S.C. IT3120095; Z.P.S. IT3120095)Quality and importance: there are some notable floristic rarities; it is also a crossing point of international interest for the transit of many medium and long-range migratory species in the late summer and autumn periods (post-breeding migration).

Also important are the botanical species of this alpine area.

Corno della paura
Corno della paura

Getting There

From the motorway exit of Rovereto South follow signs for Mori, then for Altopiano di Brentonico on SP3. Go past the town of Brentonico and at the fork keep left for Polsa di Brentonico.

 Continue until the end of the road to the square of the Polsa campsite.

Monte Vignola
Monte Vignola

Route

Starting from Polsa di Brentonico you follow the Path of Peace crossing the meadows of the alpine pasture Susine to its mouth with its splendid view overlooking the valley,

 you cross the military tunnels dug into the Corno della paura   and going along the ridge the military road reaches the modest elevation of the Monte Vignola.

Bocca d'Ardole
Bocca d'Ardole

Vertigo? 

vertiginous descent in mtb from theCorno della paura - Bocca d'Ardole  to the Vallagarina

When to Climb

All round year ; this is also a MTB route

External link

Trentino grande guerra

Parco locale del Monte Baldo

Camping Polsa di brentonico

Kompass Monte Baldo 129

Funivie Monte Baldo



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Baldo-Altissimo GROUPMountains & Rocks