Monte Zelèdria

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 46.25050°N / 10.80300°E
Additional Information Elevation: 7959 ft / 2426 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Summit view from Monte...Summit view from Monte Zelèdria towards northern Brenta

Monte Zelèdria is located directly to the west of Madonna di Campiglio. It is a minor summit in the Presanella Group that nonetheless is climbed rather often. On one hand - due to its proximity - it offers excellent views towards the Brenta Group (mainly the northern chain), on the other it boasts a short and easy ferrata, the Sentiero Attrezzata Bruno Bozzetto, an ideal warmup climb for beginners and for those who have serious Brenta ferrata aspirations. Moreover the climb and the ferrata can be combined with either of two tours along the beautiful glacier lakes of the lower Presanella group. You have, however, to account for heavy hiker traffic on these routes.

The summit awards you with great views down onto Madonna di Campiglio, 800m below as well as towards the northern Brenta chain with Cima Sassara, Sasso Alto Cima Flavona, Cima Vagliana and Pietra Grande directly across Val Rendena to the east. But also the northwestern summits of the central Brenta group can be clearly seen, starting from Cima Grostè over Cima Brenta to Cima Tosa and Crozzon di Brenta .

Getting There

Take the Brenner Motorway A22 to the exit Bozen (Bolzano) South where you take S38 in direction of Meran (Merano) for a short way. Get off on S42 in the direction of Eppian (Appiano) and on to Medelpass (Passo di Mendola). Drive down from the pass and stay on the road until Dimaro.

In Dimaro turn left on SS239. This road climbs to Passo Campo Carlo Magno and on to Madonna di Campiglio. From Madonna di Campiglio you can take the cablecar to Pradalago or hike from Passo Campo Carlo Magno to Lago Malghette to start the beautiful hike along the lakes (Lago Alto, Tre Laghi).

The Glacier lakes at the foot of Presanella

As stated in the overview section the eastern ranges of the Presanella-Group are studded with beautiful alpine lakes, all having been formed by the retreating Presanella glaciers. They are very popular among the visitors of Madonna di Campiglio because they make for pitturesque views with Brenta as backdrop. Two cable cars can take you from Madonna to either Pradalago or Cinque Laghi, both at around 2100m. There are two round tours among the lake. The first, called Giro del 5 Laghi, is heavily frequented since it is located between the two upper cable car stations. The other - unnamed as far as I know - runs between Lagho delle Malghette, Pradalago and Monte Zelèdria (Ferrata Bozzetto included).

Red Tape

No red tape, no restrictions. Depending on where you park you might have to pay a small parking fee. Monte Zelèdria - like all of the Adamello-, Presanella- and Brenta-Groups belongs to Parco Naturale Adamello Brenta. Thus the obvious restrictions apply for bagging plants, mushrooms etc.

When To Climb

Monte Zelèdria and the neighbouring summits are an all year round destination. Much of the area is actually quite popular as a ski touring region. You might want to skip the Ferrata Bruno Bozzetto, though.

Accommodation / Rifugios

There are campgrounds in the valley (Val Rendena at Madonna di Campiglio and Pinzolo). Accomodation can be found in numerous hotels. For further information (and even bookings) refer to

- www.campiglio.net

The following Rifugios can be found in the area:

Rifugio Viviani Pradalago
Madonna di Campiglio (Tn)
Tel. + 39 0465 441200
Tel. +39 0465 321771
mail:rifugioviviani@libero.it

Rifugio Lago delle Malghette
Madonna di Campiglio (Tn)
Tel. +39 0465 440814
Fax +39 0465 442750

Mountain Conditions

Weather and avalanche conditions in Trentino: www.meteotrentino.it


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Presanella GroupMountains & Rocks