Monument Valley 2004

Monument Valley 2004

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Scenery

April 2004

Here are a few images from the Monument Valley in 2004.

I was doing a big tour through the American South West, starting in Fresno, to Las Vegas, Zion, Monument Valley, Moab (Arches, Canyonland), Mesa Verde, Denver/Colorado, up to Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial in South Dakota, heading back via Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, Lake Tahoe and Santa Cruz.

The Navajo Nation is the largest Indian reservation in the United States, spreading over 16 million acres in Arizona, New Mexico and Southern Utah. Many of the 200,000 Diné, as the Navajo call themselves, live in remote communities on the high desert.

In this harsh and resource-poor environment, every day brings a struggle for survival in the face of extreme poverty and isolation. The Navajo Relief Fund brings hope to these desperate families by building on their strong sense of pride and community.

External Links

Navajo Relief Fund

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.