Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 44.00080°N / 71.536°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 20, 2001
Osceola (May 20th, 2001)


Mt. Osceola
May 20th, 2001
El. 4315
6.5 miles


El Perfecto

I was incredibly nervous when looked up at this large mountain just outside of Waterville Valley. This was my first four thousand footer this year. I didn’t know what type of shape I was in. I figured that this mountain was going to require a number of breaks and that I better plan a good part of the day. I was still extremely tired from going to Canobie Lake Amusement Park yesterday and that I had not had a meal in the morning. Was this to be a disaster or a success?

Apparently this mountain was not a failure by a long shot. Though this mountain was very rocky it wasn’t steep at all. In fact, the trail conditions reminded me of smaller nearby mountains. I did take one long break at the top of the mountain but not to rest but enjoy the views. The view was unbelievable and breathtaking. I could see for miles and miles. I could see Lake Winnepausaukee to the south and Mount Washington in the East. Mt. Lafayette still had snow on it. The top had two great overlooks that are to die for. No picture could give this view justice. Though this mountain pushed me slightly (Ha Ha), it couldn’t even stop me to take a breather. The trail was very easy in grade. Never was I scared of falling off the mountain like other trails. This mountain was the perfect stepping stone to higher mountains and future trips.

If my wife and I ever have children this will be one of their first four thousand footers as well.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Curtissimo

Curtissimo - Jan 13, 2009 9:10 pm - Voted 10/10

don goyo?

looking pretty fat there!

EastKing

EastKing - Jan 14, 2009 10:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Yep!

I was 40 lbs heavier in the picture than I am now. I will be honest though. This was a pre-digital camera picture and the scan was low quality.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mount OsceolaTrip Reports