Azurite Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Lee Stamm

Lee Stamm - Aug 12, 2005 9:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice job. I knew you'd get to this one eventually. I'll be adding a photo or two.

desainme

desainme - Aug 12, 2005 11:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Everythilng except the wine list is on the route description.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Aug 13, 2005 5:48 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The eternal question: egg or hen? In my book the colour would have to be before the mineral. Or do you think the Italians call their soccer team Squadra azzurra because of some whacky mineral?



Seme for Beryllium - actually quite funny if you think of it. I don't know greek but they say that beryl.. means sweet in greek and that the metal and its mineral indeed taste sweet. Since all are highly toxic I wonder how they found it out. Some test person saying: "hmmm, that tastes swee..aaaaarrrgh". I wonder how they rounded up all the test persons to get info on all minerals...

Johan Heersink

Johan Heersink - Aug 13, 2005 7:53 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Aug 13, 2005 11:01 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work!

-Britt

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Aug 13, 2005 1:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice. Or better than that. As usual.



Impressive summit shots. Impressive information.



Good job!



(All your images seem to have a "pinkish" cast to them--even in the sky. Your preference?)

Klenke

Klenke - Aug 16, 2005 12:01 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

"Pinkish"?

I think maybe you didn't get enough sleep on Friday night. :)

BobSmith

BobSmith - Aug 13, 2005 4:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another nice post.

Derek Franzen

Derek Franzen - Aug 13, 2005 9:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very nice page, as always, very informative.

Corax

Corax - Aug 14, 2005 6:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Wow!

johnwporter

johnwporter - Aug 22, 2012 2:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Mill Creek Trail

Hi, I camped at the mine Saturday night. The first four miles of Mill Creek Trail approach before meeting up with the service road was a nightmare. It took four hours to fight my way through so that's how bad it was. The trail was unrecognizable in most parts because of the alder and overgrown had taken over. When the dogs and I got to camp it was too late in the day to climb Azurite, not to mention the continued alder mess and blowdowns all the way to Azurite pass, as far as my eyes could see. We settled for Mount Ballard on Sunday and hiked back out, which was a whole other journey.

Thanks for listing out the Methow Valley approach to Azurite, I will try that route instead. Not going to get back on Mill Creek Trail any time soon.

Klenke

Klenke - Aug 22, 2012 3:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Mill Creek Trail

Sorry to hear about the Mill Creek approach. It's really too bad that these trails can't be brushed out more regularly. The other option (and the way we did Ballard) was to go up and over Mamie Pass from Chancellor (i.e., use the service road the whole way). It's a day trip on a bike. In fact, the service road is now in much better shape than it was for us since they did the mine remediation project a couple of years ago.

My friend Sergio and his friend recently did Azurite via the Methow. They biked it with heavy overnight camps (camping before Brush Creek) and reported a long second day. But I did it by bike with friends, and the peak across the pass, in 10-hours round trip.

johnwporter

johnwporter - Jun 29, 2013 1:49 am - Hasn't voted

Trip Reports

Hi,

Does anyone know of any recent trip reports on Azurite via Methow? I'm having a hard time finding beta onilne.

Thanks,
John

Klenke

Klenke - Jul 8, 2013 3:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Trip Reports

By recent do you mean this year?

Note you sent me a private message through the SP email system a few months back but I was unable to respond to you because you didn't give a return email address. The SP email system is lame in that way (it doesn't automatically provide your return email address) so I would encourage you not to use it if you expect a response.

Paul

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Return to 'Azurite Peak' main page