Mt Arkansas, Mt Tweto, Mt Buckskin 3/31/12

Mt Arkansas, Mt Tweto, Mt Buckskin 3/31/12

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing, Hiking, Wildlife, Topo/Diagram, Informational, Scenery, Panorama

I'm not much of a storyteller, but...

When I saw Mt Arkansas' North Couloir (melted out) for the first time last July, I decided that was the route I'd take. Given the weak snowfall this year, it was time to pull the trigger on it. So I found myself at the base of the line around 8 am, looking up and wondering why it didn't seem so steep. It climbed nicely anyway, only a few rocks came down, and the minimal cornice was easily bypassed. After summitting Mt Arkansas (13795'), I followed the ridge on to Mt Tweto (13672') and Mt Buckskin (13865'). Although there was some 3rd and even 4th class to be had, the traverse was more tedious than fun in mountaineering boots. After Buckskin I dropped into the basin and encountered the worst snowshoeing I have ever experienced. I wanted to die. Ski exits from now on.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.