Mt. Silliman

Mt. Silliman

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Why This Album

In July 2008, I was on a backpacking trip that provided many different photo opportunities of Mt. Silliman. The only side that I was able to get a pic of wasn't it's South Face. So this album is mainly just to collect all of my Mt. Silliman pictures.

I had been doing lots of research about Mt. Silliman prior to going on this trek. My hope was to climb it on one of the two days that we were staying at at Twin Lakes. However, since this was a Boy Scout outing, the leaders didn't like the idea of a few boys tackling Mt. Silliman's North Coulior and with out adults. No adults wanted to come so we had to stay around the mosquito infested lake.

Even without being able to climb it, Mt. Silliman appeared breath taking to me and when ever it came to view, I usually took a picture of it. Hope you enjoy this album.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Noondueler

Noondueler - Feb 25, 2009 11:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice album Woodzy!

I've thought about climbing Silliman, maybe someday If I'm around Wolverton.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Feb 26, 2009 1:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice album Woodzy!

Thanks! Yeah I would definitely want to give it another shot if I had the chance. Its a great peak. Too bad I had to pass it up.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Feb 26, 2009 2:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome peak!

How about Silliman's neighbor, Alta Peak? Have you did it yet?
If you have a chance, check out Moose Lake - have a great one!!

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Feb 26, 2009 8:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome peak!

Yes, it is a pretty neat peak. Nope, haven't done that yet. When I was first looking to climb Silliman, I actually wanted to do a traverse over to Alta. It would have been a long way, but I wasn't too worried bout that. However, when I first brought that up with the Scout leaders, they said no right away. So then I just opted for Silliman, which still didn't fly. Oh well. But hopefully I can come back in the near future and tag both of those peaks. I was looking at Moose Lake and it looks like an amazing lake, so I would definitely check that out too. Thanks for the comment!

tarol

tarol - Feb 27, 2009 6:30 am - Voted 10/10

My first peak

Mt. Silliman was the first Sierra Peak I climbed. Went from Silliman Lake, but I've also hiked to Twin Lakes and Little Lakes. Anyway, great mountain and great album :)

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Feb 27, 2009 11:00 am - Hasn't voted

Re: My first peak

Oh thats cool! I was looking at some of your pics of Silliman and for some reason I was wondering if it was your first. Little Lakes are some pretty cool lakes! Thank you.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.