Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 40.46967°N / 105.61947°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

Overview

Originally Brad and I planned to do the CCY route, but Old Fall Road was closed, so we decided at the last minute to climb Mummy Mt. Unlike the CCY route, we started with a 6 mile hike and about 2,0000ft elevation gain to the base of Mummy, this was fine but ultimately made the difference between having a nice summit hike and a bruising climb.

Getting There

We started off at the Lawn Lake trailhead and started off on North the Lawn Lake trail for almost 6 miles up to the Mummy range. We veered off of the trail onto the Black creek trail and headed due south east for about .25 mile. Then we broke off trail heading North West up Mummy Mt. The initial climb was nice and fun, with some class III/class IV boulder scrambling (pictured).
Mummy MountainBrad scrambling on some boulders

Mummy MountainBen scrambling on some boulders

Then came the nice steep tundra (pictured, but no justice!!).
Mummy MountainFairchild and crystal lake

This cooked us. Half way up we would take a quick break after every three steps or so. After several false summits (which Brad loved!), we approached the summit with several amazing views of Mt. Fairchild and Crystal Lake (pictured).
Farchild MountainFairchild and crystal lake

A quick lunch at the summit and we were off down the Mountain. The lawn lake trail was not friendly to the feet halfway down, our feet felt like they were going to explode. Next time I'm purchasing nice boots and Brad's will be broken in. I've never felt so relieved to take off my shoes. Next route will be the CCY, which is supposedly an easier climb.
Mummy MountainFairchild and crystal lake




Comments

No comments posted yet.


Table of Contents
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mummy MountainTrip Reports