My 2009 Colorado Photos

My 2009 Colorado Photos

Page Type Page Type: Album

San Juan, Sangre, & Elk Photos

Ever since spending the summer of '05 in Colorado I wanted to get back to see a few more 14ers. During previous summers there were always big events that took precedence (graduation, marriage, baby, house, etc.), so with nothing big going on this summer and my brothers available to come with on a couple of the more challenging scrambles I had planned, it was the perfect time to get back.

We spent two nights in Ouray, one in Westcliffe, and one in Aspen. Next time I'll most likely plan things so that we're not driving around as much, but this time I wanted to get a small glimpse of the San Juan, Sangre de Cristo, and Elk mountains, as well as the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. Ouray was our favorite place (getting my younger brothers to the top of Mount Sneffels was the highlight of the trip, and there were also other fun places to visit like the Bachelor-Syracuse Mine, Ouray Hot Springs, and Box Canyon Falls), and the San Juans are definitely somewhere we'll be returning to in the future.

I put together a slideshow of my pictures here.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.