My 2015 Arches & Canyonlands Photos

My 2015 Arches & Canyonlands Photos

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Scenery

My 2015 Arches & Canyonlands Photos

We spent a few days in Moab in the middle of October, visiting Arches and Canyonlands National Park.  On the first day we did a late afternoon/evening hike at Devil's Garden, seeing the Landscape, Navajo, Partition, Tunnel, and Pine Tree Arches.  It was especially fun exploring off-trail behind the Navajo and Partition Arches, where we were the only people there.  The next day we drove to Canyonlands, stopping off at Dead Horse State Park along the way.  After the short and easy hike to Mesa Arch, we hiked the White Rim Overlook Trail.  We were also going to try hiking to Upheaval Dome, but the unseasonably warm temperatures prompted an earlier return to Moab (visiting the new dinosaur park along the way) to take the kids to the hotel swimming pool.  On the last day we hiked to Delicate Arch and spent some time around Double Arch in the Windows Section of Arches before driving back home.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.