My Scottish mountains

My Scottish mountains

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Skiing, Wildlife, Flora, Informational, Scenery, Panorama, Humor, Water

My Scottish mountains

Scotland is really something special for me. Everyone has a “sparkle” for its mountains passion. Scottish mountains were the first real mountaineering trips of my life, these amazing landscapes were my “sparkle”.

This is an album of my pictures taken in the mountains of Scotland - Munros and no-Munros. Most of them were taken during my erasmus year in 98-99. Later, I came back in 2000, 2001 and 2003; The 3 of these last excursions were only dedicated in continuing my exploration of these mountains, respectively to Skye/Kintail, Glencoe, and Glen Nevis.

All of these pictures are of poor quality because taken with a traditional camera, and scanned in poor resolution (at this time, ADSL didn't allow loading too heavy pictures from the internet...). Some pictures from the very beginning were even made with disposable cameras !
I selected only the most interesting ones here.

If you are curious of the accurate list of mountains I climbed have a look on my page.

Perhaps one day I will find some important mountain(s) missing on SP, which I climbed, and submit it using these pics as a support.



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Boydie

Boydie - Oct 28, 2008 12:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Very Nice

Nice album Eric. I take it you shall be returning for more???

Stephen

visentin

visentin - Oct 28, 2008 12:42 pm - Hasn't voted

re: Very Nice

Thanks ! I always thought of returning back, but for many reasons I always postpone it.. the explorations of the Carpathians kept me busy since 2004 and my expatriation to Poland.. and thus despite the fact Ryanair links Wroclaw to Glasgow !
But my fascination of scottish mountains remains intact, I still remember the names of tops I climbed and I still can locate them well on a map of the highlands... and the SMC Munro guide is still proudly standing in the middle of my shelve of mountain books ! :)

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ScotlandAlbums