Mystery Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
William Marler

William Marler - May 30, 2005 11:39 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page.

IdahoKid

IdahoKid - May 31, 2005 9:56 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Marcelo!

Sean

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - May 30, 2005 3:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

A beautiful overview picture. Nicely captured, Sean! I see you adopted our "Geographical Classification" line. Let's see if it works over on your side of the Atlantic :-)

nader

nader - May 30, 2005 5:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Impressive peak.

IdahoKid

IdahoKid - May 31, 2005 10:38 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote Nader!

Sean

Corax

Corax - May 30, 2005 6:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I like the looks of that summit. Good page.

wildstar

wildstar - May 30, 2005 10:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Cool looking peak.

IdahoKid

IdahoKid - May 31, 2005 10:02 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

It certainly is a beauty wildstar, thanks for the vote!

Sean

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - May 31, 2005 12:36 am - Voted 5/10

Untitled Comment

Sean--I enjoy your pages very much, but here, for the first time, I think you need more. As in more pictures. Mystery Peak is a beautiful mountain, and you make mention of the spectacular vista from the summit--I'd love to see that (and you signed the summit log; do you have shots from the top?)! I'd also like to see images from the way up and/or down.



And, at least to me, your "geographical line" is confusing. What Bitterroots are you talking about? It's got to be different from the major range of the same name running the length of the Montana/Idaho state line, and I didn't know there was another "Bitterroot" Range.... Maybe a little geographical explanation is in order.



I suppose this all comes under a "for what it's worth" heading--anyway, keep up the good work on your pages, and I hope to raise my vote on this one! Thanks...



Vernon

IdahoKid

IdahoKid - May 31, 2005 9:53 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Verno....n



Unfortunately when I hiked summited last year I had no camera with me so for now, I have no summit photos. I intend to get back up there later this summer, so maybe I shouldve waited? I will get more photos ASAP!



I looked at a few different maps to decide how to break the Boulders down geographically. It seems some maps identified almost all of Idaho's central mountains as the Bitteroots which you and I know is incorrect. So I suppose I broke it down through popular ranges rather than geographically. If you think I was wrong in doing this I will delete it.

Sean

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - May 31, 2005 11:00 am - Voted 5/10

Untitled Comment

Sean,



Maybe in retrospect it would've been better to wait and put the page up later, but at this point I certainly wouldn't delete it! There's always the possibility someone out there has photos to add, and besides, this way you can torment and tantalize yourself with plans to do the mountain again (uh, with a camera, Sean). Second time around, right from the start you'll have great ideas on what you'd like to show us!



I have a couple suggestions on the range-naming uncertainty: speak with someone at a USFS station; I bet they can explain the lay of the land....



Also, the National Geographic Topo Maps on CD-Rom would no doubt have the correct range identification. They come in quite handy; the Idaho set might be something to put on your future equipment list, and in the interim maybe a library would have it. Or go into any REI and check out their in-store map center, which are set up for public use, and would certainly have map-access to the entire state of Idaho.



Vernon

brutus of wyde

brutus of wyde - Jul 24, 2005 7:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Quality stuff!



Glad you're going to keep these pages. We might check out this peak on our road trip next week.





Brutus

IdahoKid

IdahoKid - Jul 25, 2005 2:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

You most certainly should Brutus! I have yet to find a climb I enjoyed more than Mystery Peak.....except for maybe Cobb.

Sean

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Mystery Peak' main page