Naked Lady Couloir

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.70745°N / 107.68902°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 4
Additional Information Difficulty: moderate
Sign the Climber's Log

Naked Lady Couloir - Snowdon Peak

Great mountain with easy access from the 160.

Getting There

Take HWY 160 North from Durango passed Durango Mountain Resort but before you get to Silverton. Park at the Andrews Lake turn off unless road is open take the road will be on the right.

Route Description

Great couloir that splits snowdon peak just North of the summit. Approach from Andrews Lake parking lot and navigate to base of couloir. Follow obvious couloir just north(left) of summit up to the NE ridge (left), just south(right) is last snow face to the summit. Follow NE ridge to an obvious couloir on western face (left) down to head back. Route finding is fairly straight forward except that the NE ridge tends to get loaded with snow and there were some eastern drifts and small cornices.

Essential Gear

Rope or protection would be optional depends on comfort level.

External Links

http://powderfactory.com/images.2006.photos/4.20.06.nakedlady/index.htm
http://www.swaguides.com/trip_dispatches/?p=601



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.