NE Ridge (based on the combination)

NE Ridge (based on the combination)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.99467°N / 107.07052°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy trail and short trip to the summit
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This route is based off the Treasure Mountain Group Combination starting from Emerald Lake. However using this route just to summit Cinnamon Mountain B would be OK but see the "Getting There" section.

The NE Ridge of Cinnamon Mountain B provides you with a great perspective of Paradise Basin including the Raggeds Wilderness, Mount Baldy, and the Ruby Range. In fact most people who summit use the NE Ridge, but some people bag this one from the NW Ridge which is accessible from Yule Pass and is located at the saddle of Treasury Mountain and Cinnamon Mountain B. This mountain's low 12er elevation makes this a very easy day hike. However if you are doing the combination, it is more like a preparation for the terrain that awaits you.

Getting There

Sign at Paradise DivideSign at the top of Paradise Divide
If you are doing the combination, you should have got to Paradise Divide after descending down Mount Baldy's West Ridge.

For those of you who are not doing the combo, here is a way of getting to this point.

From Buena Vista, make a left onto US 285. From there make a right onto US 50 up and over Monarch Pass and continue onto Gunnison. From Gunnison go North onto US 135 to Crested Butte. From here, go up the road and make a left of Slate River Road. This road is suitable for passenger cars. Go all the way to the end of the road where you will find the cut-off for Paradise Divide. You will need a 4WD vehicle from this point. If you do not have one, you can hike up the road which is not very far. Once you are at the top of Paradise Divide, you will see a sign marking it and it's elevation. From here, you can see the NE Ridge trail going up Cinnamon Mountain B.

Route Description

Route ReferenceRoute reference







From Paradise Divide, the trail is visible from the sign, but if you can't find it, it is located before the road makes a left to Yule Pass. You will go up this trail for a short distance. It will zig-zag once and then end. Once it ends, you can hike to the summit.

The distance from Paradise Divide to the summit would be 0.8 Miles one way.

Essential Gear

Nothing special would be required for just summiting this. Sneakers would be suitable enough along with standard hiking materials.

External Links

https://www.summitpost.org/route/559481/Treasure-Mountain-Group-Combination-Loop.html

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.