Nice Drive-Up Spruce Knob 2011

Nice Drive-Up Spruce Knob 2011

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 9, 2009

Add Heading Here

[Updated: 05/31/2011] SummitPosters, if you like this report, please vote for it, thanks! Check my profile for all my state highpoint reports.

The drive to Spurce Knob was very scenic, I did this two years ago with my best friend from Boston. On our 1,400-mile trip we nabbed 7 state highpoints.

Photobucket

On your way to the summit, you will pass Seneca Rocks, it's a top outdoor rock climbing place in West Virginia, be sure to slow down and check it out.


Photobucket

A closer look to the rocky summit.

Photobucket

A radio tower on the way up to the summit.

Photobucket

Give yourself plenty of time to stop by and enjoy the view!

Photobucket

Wild flowers under beautiful sunshine.

Photobucket

The Mazda6 did a great job getting us up :)

Photobucket

An observation tower on the top of the summit to give you 360 panoramic view to the surronding mountains.

Photobucket

Me & my friend on the top, 2 years ago...

Photobucket

There is a 0.5 mile round-loop starting at the observation tower to view the spruce, I would recommend taking this trail.

Photobucket

Me at one the overlook spots on the 0.5 mile trail.

Photobucket

View from the top of the observation tower.


Photobucket

View to the east side from the observation tower.

Spruce Knob is a very fun drive-up highpoint. You will enjoy the amazing summit and the scenic drive in West Virginia, I would recommend going with your family :)

Thanks,
Alex


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Spruce KnobTrip Reports