Nonnensteig

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Summer
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

-length:350m
-altitude difference:60m
-time:30-45min(only climbing)
-ferrata is closed from December to start of April(but I don’t understand,why you can't go to the ferrata on this months)



Nonnensteig is ferrata near the border of Czech rep. and Germany.The most difficult place is the krans on the final part of ferrata.Ferrata is enjoyable and nice. The status of ferrata is very good.Steel cable,cramps…everything is OK.
You have very good aspect to the countryside of small rocks and trees.

Getting There

From Czech republic:
-15 minutes from the parking
from main road Liberec-Česká Lípa(E442) turn to Cvikov,across the main square and take the corner turning to Trávník.Then you go to Mařenice-Dolní Světlá.In Dolní Světlá go straight on(pub on the leftside).And you stop on the parking.
Continue to CZE-GER border under Falkenstein,you can see its nice sharp silhouette after 5 minutes walk from the parking.Then you have to go into trees and you come to the C-G border.Now,you go down and down and after 5 minutes from the border,you can see the start of the ferrata on the leftside.

From Germany:
-Please,if you have better information about way from Germany,attach it here.
I don’t know the way exactly,because I didn’t go to Nonnensteig from Germany.But,you have to go to Kurort Johnsdorf.From view point I saw the town,so from the town,you have to see the view point.So you take aim to view point and go to the forest.Ferrata on the rightside can’t be far away.

Route Description

The ferrata begins in the forest.First part is very easy.You start on the ladder,then you climb an easy rock,which goes up to the bridge.Under the bridge there is only few meters depth,so if you are fall down,it can’t be so bad…After bridge you have to climb more difficult small wall(but difficult on this ferrata means easy on ferrata for example in Dolomiti).If you look into the countryside,you can enjoy,that now,you are above forest,but you must wait for better view few minutes yet.Now you walk to the next part of ferrata.
You climb the rock(easy) and walk on the ledge to air place,which is more difficult.Now, you can enjoy perfect view of small rocks and trees around you.Then you walk to final part.
You climb easy corner and then walk up to the krans(the most difficult place on the ferrata).There are cramps,so it isn’t so difficult.Then you reach the top of small rock(go directly throuht the gate,don’t go around the left rock) and then you climb down(not so easy) to the end of ferrata.
You can go to the cottage,on the end of ferrata,turn left.There is the view point above the cottage.From view point,it takes 10 minutes to the start of ferrata.








Essential Gear

Normal equipment for via ferrata.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Geography
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

SudetesRoutes