Normal Route from Blavy

Normal Route from Blavy

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.79740°N / 7.36240°E
Additional Information Route Type: hike, strenous in the last third
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: easy, I in parts
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Get to Blavy, 1.471m, which can be accessed via St. Christophe, east of Aosta.

Route Description


Follow the well marked trail out of Blavy into the forest. In there, the marking will alternatively be red/white, but reassure yourself you keep your general direction towards NE. During the ascent, you will cross the street twice, after the second crossing you can already see the Alpe di Viou (1,5h). Behind the Alpe, the trail merges for a while with trail #22 eastwards, but will soon turn NE again. After a relaxing rather plain part of the trail you will reach the foot of the Becca di Viou and will have to follow a steep rocky trail towards the Col di Viou (3,5h passed). Once you made it up there, the final ascent to the peak is a short walk, which might require some easy climbing in parts.

Essential Gear


Usual hiking gear required, bring plenty of water, a map and a compass.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
livioz

livioz - Oct 30, 2005 3:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

to point out that usually the red/white marks in the woods aren't related to the trail, but to the wood itself: the trees are marked in such a way by the forest rangers.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.