Normale da Alfedena

Normale da Alfedena

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.67210°N / 13.96740°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Going around Monte Meta on...




See M. Meta Approach

Route Description

From Alfedena (893 mt) go to the Pianoro Campitelli (1445 mt). Leave there the car and go to the path on the right. You continue afoot along the path (enough evident also with a lot of snow) that it is on the right of the Pianoro Campitelli.The path enters then the wood and goes down of some about ten meters folding up toward right, then it goes up again with varied tornantis (always in the wood),At the high of1680 meters, the path goes out of the wood. It appears visible the coastline of the M.Meta (1h). You continue on the path that crosses the pianoro at the base of a long coastline that closes to the left it. Arrived at the base of the wall of M. Meta, the path folds up to the left, crosses a pass and it continues, to half coast, in the Pagan Valley, up to the slope that brings to the Passo dei Monaci (1967 metres)Passo dei Monaci is to the border among Lazio, Abruzzo and Molise. From the Passo you follow, toward north, the path marked that it directly climbs toward the peak (2242 metres, 1 hour)In descent, returned to Passo dei Monaci, you directly go down in the Pagan Valley.

Essential Gear

Normal Hiking Gear.
Crampons and an ice axe necessary early in the season

Miscellaneous Info



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.