North approach

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.33422°N / 14.54165°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble and feratta
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up and secured climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Driving up the Kokra valley you turn right at the end of Kokra village (scattered houses) and drive up the narrow road to Suhadolnik farm (902m).

The other possibility is that you drive in Kamniska Bistrica valley, which is accessible by personal car from Kamnik.

From both starting points you reach by the marked routes the Kokrsko sedlo (pass) where the Cojzova koca, 1793m. is located.


Route Description


Kalski Greben and Kalska gora from the north side from route on Grintovec and Skuta.

From Cojzova koca, 1793m you start following the signposts for Kalski Greben. You go from the hut in the north direction. Soon you will come below the north face of Velika Kalska gora, 2056m and you will cross below it in the SW direction. Then you will climb with help of iron ropes over the steep north face on the notch on the west part of Velika Kalska gora. You can reach the summit of Velika Kalska gora over the nice grassy ridge. From the notch you continue on the NE ridge of Kalski Greben in the SW direction. You must climb somewhere and soon you come to the hardest part of the route. You must descend around 30 meters over the steep wall in the ridge. This part of the route is nice secured by the iron ropes. Then you continue climbing and srambling on the ridge and somewhere you must still climb some parts. Then you soon come on the summit of Kalski Greben. The view is magnificent.

You descend by the same route or you descend against Krvavec group over the south slopes. The description of this route you can find here.


Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes, helmet, rope (for not good climbers) and ice axe and crampons (in Spring and early Summer)

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.