South approach

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.32382°N / 14.54435°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy walk
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

On Kalski Greben from south you have three main possibilities which come together in upper part.

1. The easiest way is if you drive with cable car on Krvavec skiing area or you just come to the upper station of cable car with your car.

2. The most straining ascent is if you start in village called Podlebelca around 600m. Here you come if you follow the road to Jezersko border.

3. The third possibility is if you drive on Krvavec skiing area and park a car on Kriska planina (meadow).

Route Description

1. There you start walking and follow ski slopes to the pass Razor, 1803m below the Zvoh, 1971m. Here you can go on the west side of Zvoh on the marked route and you cross west slopes of Zvoh (you walk over meadow
called Dolga Njiva, 1688m) or you scramble over skiing slope to the top of Zvoh and the continue ridge called Jez (Hedgehog) towards the Vrh Korena, 1999m. Then you follow the signposts for Kalski Greben and descend to pass Skrbina, 1870m. Here comes the route which crosses the west slopes of Zvoh. Then you have to the top of Kalski Greben only the easy ridge.

2. You start walking by marked route which leads you to meadow Dolga Njiva where you continue the over possibility one. (look 1)

3. You follow the marked route to the Vrh Korena and Kalski Greben. You cross east slopes of Zvoh and walk over beautiful meadow Koren and come to possibility one (look 1) in nearness of Vrh Korena. Then you follow possibility one.

Essential Gear

Good shoes and in hot Summer a little more water.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.