North Country Trail - MI-03 North Segment Trailheads

North Country Trail - MI-03 North Segment Trailheads

Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 43.30000°N / 85.6°W
Additional Information County: Kent, MI; Newaygo, MI
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 1000 ft / 305 m

At and Near Rogue River State Game Area

Long Lake Park:
Long Lake Park is located south of the Rogue River State Game Area, and is one of the public parks of Kent County. There are nine parking areas along the park road.

Long Lake Park is just south of M-46 (17 Mile Road). This is about 4-5 miles west of US-131 exit 104, or 6 miles east of M-37.

Solon Street:
There is a trailhead located on Solon Street, located southeast of the Rogue River State Game Area. Solon Street is ~0.5 miles north of and runs parallel to M-46 (17 Mile Road), and the trailhead is about 4-5 miles west of US-131.

Rogue River State Game Area:
The Red Pine Trailhead is on Red Pine Drive, in the southern part of the Rogue River State Game Area. From M-37/M-46 in Casnovia, go east on Waterloo Street (turns into 18 Mile Road) ~5 miles to Red Pine Drive. Red Pine Drive also goes north from M-46 between US-131 and Kent City.

Kimble County Park

20100530 0805 THKimble County Park - upper lot
Kimble County Park is a public park for Newaygo County. It is located right near the Croton hydroelectric power dam. People start tubing and raft rides down the Muskegon River at this point.

There are two parking lots (upper and lower) at the park. The NCT trailhead is located in the lower lot, by the river.
20100530 0815 THKimble County Park - lower lot

Manistee National Forest

The 40th Street Trailhead is located just west of M-37 (Evergreen Drive), about 5 miles north of Newaygo. This is the southern part of the Manistee National Forest in Michigan.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.