Route: North East Couloir (Steep 65-75% slope)
Day 1: Hiked to Colchuck Lake on Saturday.
- The road to trailhead was closed, therefore, there was a ~4 mile additional hike to the trailhead.
- Snowshoes was required after ~1mile into the trail.
- Hiked from the lake to the Colchuck glacier in snowshoes.
- Ice axe and crampons was required to safely climb the couloir.
- Snow was soft/hard mixture that made for a long/deep kick steeping.
All in all, it was a beautiful day!!!
1) Ice axe
3) Rope and ice protection (depending on confort level)