north face

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 35.65230°N / 94.24790°E
Additional Information Route Type: basic snow and glacier
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: unknown
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Golmud arrange transportation to XiDaTang (Î÷´ó̲ 4160m). This is not easy since you will have to pass a checkpoint that is meant to keep foriegners from sneaking into Tibet. You can contact the local CITS, but they are expensive; or use a local taxi, but be sure to keep a low profile in town if you do this or you will increase your chances of being noticed at the checkpoint. once you arrive at XiDaTang it should be easy to see the mountian (if not ask someone to point it out to you). XiDaTang is nothing more than a few beaten-up buildings, but has a small resturant and apparently also a hotel (10-20 RMB a night) making it a good place to rest and acclimatize for a night in relative comfort. From XiDaTang it is a straight, flat 7 Km hike (which may cross a river so ask the locals) to base of the mountian and you can setup base camp whereever you like. Simply hike back to the highway and hitch a ride back to civilization. I even got cell phone reception in XiDaTang which means you may get cell reception in BC (but remember that there are absolutely no rescue services in the area so this does not equal added saftey)

Route Description


I have not climbed this route personally. I attempted the south face, but would like to come back and climb the north face (which is why I paid so much attention to getting appraoch info. Check this website for route info, it is in Chinese, but since no one in the area speaks anything other than Chinese I strongly strongly reccommend that someone on your team be able to speak the language.

http://www.emg.com.cn/mountain_yuzhunf.asp

Essential Gear


no knowlwdge

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.