North Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.05970°N / 114.9833°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.9
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the general directions on the main page to the Elephant's Perch / Goat perch basin. Follow the climbers trail to the second Saddleback Lake. From this Lake, contour around the north base of Chipmunk Perch, then up into the couloir that divides Goat and Eagle Perches. Scramble up to a stepped and tree laden amphitheater. The climb begins near some pine trees.

Route Description


From the pine trees, ascend the side of the north ridge until your on the actual ridge. The exposure is outstanding here as you climb up from the gulley onto the arete. The route follows the arete pretty faithfully with brief visits to each side to avoid harder or looser pitches. After six pitches of face, crack, and slab climbing you will be at the summit. Depending on how faithful you are to the arete, your climbing will be mostly 5.7-5.9. Harder on the arete.

To Descend- rappel of the NW side (toward Eagle Perch) into the couloir. Depending on where in the couloir to get off, it's 2-4 rappels.

Essential Gear


2 twin ropes
1 Set of nuts and cams
runners of longer length
webbing and rings for the rap
helmet

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.