North Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.26030°N / 105.1011°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview


There is a nice trail all the way to the top of Devil's Head. From the TH (when you can get there), it is 1.5 miles to the summit plateau. There is also another trail, the Zinn Overlook that is supposed to take about 30 minutes RT. Walking, scenery, and scrambling opportunities, however, can occupy the entire day of you wanted.

Getting There

Same as main page. The trail is well marked at the TH, and the trail is obvious all the way up.

Route Description

Easy, beautiful hiking and walking opportunity. Simply follow the wide easy trail all the way to the summit plateau. You will be rewarded with 193 steps to the top of the fire lookout watchtower.

Essential Gear

Sturdy shoes (or Chacos), sunscreen, possibly a hat. Water is available at the TH from Memorial Day to around Labor day, but no water is available above anywhere.

External Links

See main page.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.