Nygrens led

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 67.88350°N / 18.16000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Basic rock climb, some snow climbing and glacier t
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 3-4 swedish rock grade
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start from Tarfala. The approach takes 2-4 h depending on physical fitness. It´s a glacier walk and near the the end some steeper glacier. Start early around 4 o´clock. The route follows one of two east ridges. It´s the one to the south you´re supposed to climb.

Route Description


Easy rock climbing. If you climb the hammers it´s harder but they are easily bypassed. Depending on the climate it´s some sections of snow/ice fields. The route follows the ridge between the north and south summit when you climb the ridge from the glacier. Descend by the east route and the fixed ropes and the glacier.

Essential Gear


Use running belay, some long slings, friends and nuts can be useful but not necessary. An alpine ice axe can become handy if the snow/ice fields are big. Crampons for the ridge walk is nice.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.