Alpine 60

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Alpine 60
Manufacturer Serratus
Page By geoffcasey
Page Type Jul 25, 2002 / Jul 25, 2002
Object ID 420
Hits 3290
Vote
Sewn on shoulder straps and waistbelt give maximum stability while keeping weight to a minimum.

Four sizes with graded back lengths, hipbelts and shoulder straps give a perfect fit for most body sizes. Small size is designed to fit women.

Fully thermo moulded hipbelts, shoulder straps and backpad for superb comfort. Shoulder straps and hipbelts are a tri-laminate Evazote ® foam laminated to Schoeller® stretch fabric.

A 0.060" high density polyethylene stiffener adds rigidity to the hipbelt and maximizes load transfer.

Urethane coated, water resistant, beefy #10 zipper gives side access to the main compartment.

Constructed of High Tenacity, 420 denier Ripstop Packcloth with fully taped seams and bartack reinforcements.

"Embedded Thread Technology™" crampon patch. Urethane coated fabric is sewn to the pack and urethane daisy chain is welded over the top of the stitches to give suburb wear resistance.

Mesh side pockets have shock cord closures for securing water bottles and other items.

Long spindrift can be rolled down and held by Velcro®.


Shock cord attachment system can be used for crampons or other gear.

Lid sides adjust to fit varying load sizes.

Clear urethane map pocket under the flap.

Skis are attached using compression straps combined slots for positioning.


Optional Shovel and Snowboard attachments available.

Two stay bars with advanced technology cross section and high density polyethylene stay sheet.

Four side compression straps on each side adjust the pack to fit any load size.

Handy tool loops.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

geoffcasey - Jul 26, 2002 9:16 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I really love this pack. As a little backgrounf info, I had the same pack for about 8 years so I had been looking for a while and had very specific criteria for my new pack and this met everything. To test the pack I was shopping for I brought all my gear to the store and loaded up pack to see which was easiest to get things in and out of, and which was the perfect size for the maximum and minimum amount that I would pack. This pack was the best.



On the trail and in the mountains the pack is stable and very comfortable. The adjustments work great. The tall sturdy side pockets prevent items from working their way out (pickets and wands) though if you use if for water bottles its hard to get into them while full strapped in. The molded hipbelt is very comfy and places the pack in the correct location. I use this pack for cragging, a rope, rack, helmet, lunch, first aid kit, harness, and shoes fit nicely with the pack compressed down a bit. The compression staps are angled so when you have a small load they pull up and towards your back to avoid the annoying pack droop. Overall a great pack.

Sock Monkey - Mar 20, 2003 4:17 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
A very light, simple pack with a lot of great features. The Alpine 60 is a great 2-3 day mountaineering pack with plenty of room to strap your stuff to the outside. A well designed daisy and patch system allows me to strap on an ice axe, shovel, and crampons or snowshoes with a huge range of adjustments. This pack is really well made and so far, Serratus and MEC have really made every effort to stand behind it. The only disadvantage is the lack of an adjustable-length suspension, but if you size the pack properly, the weight savings is well worth it.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2