The REI Flash 30 pack is designed to hold a day's gear so you can travel light and with great comfort.
* Firm, dense foam framesheet is removable for going fast and light; roll it up and stow in bigger pack on multi-day trips
* Integrated shoulder and torso pads supply comfortable load carrying; adjustable, sliding sternum strap adds stability and helps keep straps ideally positioned
* Lightweight mesh hipbelt adjusts with an ergonomic forward pulling motion, keeping pack in close for stability; hipbelt pocket allows quick access to small essentials
* Front of pack features a bungee system and simple, lightweight tool attachments for quickly stashing trekking poles, ice axes and jacket or sit pad
* Inside, 2 toggles hang your hydration reservoir (sold separately); central exit port allows tube to route over either shoulder
* Water-repellent zippered top pocket and deep mesh side pockets let you stash your water bottle, GPS and other items for convenient access
* 140-denier ripstop nylon construction provides increased durability without added weight; polyurethane coating offers weather resistance
Frame type Frameless
Approximate volume 1,830 cubic inches
Approximate volume - metric 30 liters
Average weight 24 ounces
Average weight - metric 0.68 kilogram
Adjustable torso No
Fits torso 17 - 19 inches
Dimensions 20.5 x 9.5 x 7 inches
Material Ripstop nylon
Number of pockets 5 + main compartment
Hydration compatible Yes
Access / Loading Top
Out in NatureThis is a great lightweight backpack. It can carry a load of weight, and still is made out of extremely light weight material. It is comfortable to wear while loaded down as well. I used this many times as a day pack, but also as a summit pack for Mt. Rainier. Its removable foam frame makes it compact and easy to stuff into small spaces in your bigger backpack.
It stash pockets on the hip belt are perfect for a small camera, keys, cell phone, or snacks. This is nice because that way you don't have to take the whole pack off to get to these things.
The outside nylon webbing is a very nice features. I used it to store extra shoes, and sandals. It has two Ice Ax loops which is a must, as well as a nifty built in whistle on the chest strap.
I even used this pack once to trail run with just food, water and extra layers of clothing inside. It did very well but the straps had to be tightened just right, only then is there no bouncing around.
I really threw this thing around and stepped on it with my crampons once, but it didn't even puncher it. This is one durable light weight backpack. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for light weight day packs or summit packs.