Altura

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Altura
Manufacturer Mountainsmith
Page By hawkman
Page Type Mar 5, 2008 / Mar 5, 2008
Object ID 5015
Hits 5315
Vote

1-Person, 3-Season Tent

From the Website: The Mountainsmith Altura 1-Person 3-Season Tent makes an ideal lightweight shelter if you backpack solo or if you don't feel like getting romantic with your buddies in their 2-person tent. With 23 square feet (94 x 35in) of internal space and large divider pockets, there's plenty of space for you and your gear. Mountainsmith constructed the Altura's body out of breathable mesh polyester for a view of the stars if you sleep without the waterproof fly. If the weather looks iffy, throw on the PU coated rainfly and snooze away. We specially ordered this version of the Altura with a grommet on the rainfly so you can prop it open with a trekking pole for additional ventilation without compromising weather protection.

Features

Material: [Body] 190T breathable comb printing polyester; [Floor] 190T PU5000MM polyester; [Fly] 190TT PU2000MM comb printing polyester
Freestanding: No
Poles: 2 w/ nylon sack
Pole Material: Aluminum
Doors: 1
Clip / Sleeve: Clip
Floor Space: 94 x 35in (239 x 89cm), 23sq ft (2.1sq m)
Interior Height: 25in (63.5cm)
Packed Size: 5 x 17in (13 x 43cm)
Seam Sealed: Yes
Ventilation: Mesh walls, stay-open grommet on fly
Weight: 3lb 8oz (1590g)
Recommended Use: Solo camping in spring - fall
Manufacturer Warranty: Lifetime

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

hawkman - Mar 5, 2008 1:40 am - Hasn't voted

Cheap and Light
I looked at this a year ago but couldn't justify the 100 bucks. Then it went on sale, $40. First trip out paid for it easily.
The supplied stakes were heavier than the friggin tent. I swapped them out for some ultra-lights and the package is very light.
I am 6'3" and I had room to spare. The divider pockets are not as large as the website claims, that is my only gripe aside from the stakes. I would definitely reccommend this for anyone who does any solo trips and wants to stay out of the elements.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1