Talus 23

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Talus 23
Manufacturer The North Face
Page By travisgollaher
Page Type Oct 30, 2005 / Jan 18, 2007
Object ID 1460
Hits 16281
Vote
The superior construction and bombproof reliability of the Talus 23 make it a great choice for backpacking trips.



Area: 30 ft² (2.8 m²)

Capacity: 2



Fabric: (floor): 91" x 42" (231cm x 107cm)

Height: 43" (109cm)



Number of Poles: 3

Stuffed Size: 25" x 7" (65cm x 18cm)



Vestibule Area: [Front] 7ft² (.7m²) [Rear] 7ft² (.7m²)

Weight: (total) 6 lbs 4 oz (2.83 kg)



Weight: (trail) 5 lbs 8 oz (2.49 kg)







Compatible with TNF™ #1 Gear Loft DAC 7001 T6 aluminum poles Fusion Pitch combines poles sleeves and clips Internal pockets Internal prayer bound floor seams increase user space with clean angles Stuffsack included Taped, nylon taffeta floor Two person backpacking tent with Fusion Pitch and excellent ventilation.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

travisgollaher - Oct 30, 2005 10:52 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
This is a great little trail tent. I have used this tent in several weather condition's.From rain to just cold. It is a sturdy tent and very easy to set up in the dark, when you are tired and ready to do nothing eltse but sleep.My friend and I were on a trip in the Bavarian Alp's last year and we stopped and set this up in a rain storm, while we were in side getting settled he decided to have some salimie, so he got to cutting, well he got a little eager and sliced through the salimie and the side wall of my tent. I was a little pived but what can I say I made him sleep on the side with the hole that night.The tent was not ruined it was totaly repeirable thanks to the ripstop fabric.This is a light tent, and a climbing party of two can split the weight for a lighter load.

Nanuls - Jun 18, 2007 12:25 pm - Voted 4/5

Talus 33
I have the Talus 33 which is a 3 man version of this tent and I have mixed feelings about it.

On the plus side is very strong and very sturdy. I took it to Iceland and it stood up to the full brunt of a North Atlantic gale no problem. It's also very waterproof, I live in Wales where it rains all the time and it’s taken a real soaking while remained perfectly dry inside. It's also pretty light, easy to put up (even in the dark), and you can erect the outer fly sheet first meaning that if the weathers real bad you can pitch the inner in the dry. It also means that if the weathers really hot you can use the outer as a shelter on its own.

On the negative side the porches and doors are too small, leading to a lack of space, ventilation and view. If the weathers really hot it can also suffer some condensation, although to be honest no more than any other tent. However may main beef with it is that the mesh vent at the back of the tent is too close to the ground at when there's a bit of a wind it tends to get a bit drafty, this doesn't bother me but my girlfriend didn't like it at all.

Overall though I would recommend this as a good, solid three season trekking tent, and I am in no hurry to replace it.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2