An older camera based on the same successful Olympus body style from the C-2000 camera upto the new C-5050. The new C-5050 Zoom 5MP camera has the same list price as the C-3000 when it originally came out (back when 3MP were the highest you could get).
- 3.34 megapixel (3.14 effective), 1/2 inch CCD delivering up to 2048 x 1536 pixel images.
- 1.8 inch, TFT color LCD display.
- 3x, 6.5 to 19.5mm lens (equivalent to a 32 to 96mm lens on a 35mm camera) with auto and manual focus.
- 2.5x digital telephoto.
- Apertures from F/2.8 to F/11.
- Shutter speed from 1 to 1/800 seconds in Auto exposure mode (16 to 1/800 in Manual).
- Variable ISO settings of Auto, 100, 200 or 400.
- Exposure compensation from -2 to +2 in 1/3 EV increments.
- Adjustable white balance with Auto, Clear, Cloudy, Tungsten and Fluorescent settings.
- Digital ESP (matrix) and Spot metering options.
- Program AE, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual exposure modes.
- Movie recording mode with sound and shutter speeds from 1/30 to 1/10,000 seconds.
- Continuous Shooting, Auto-Bracketing, Black & White, Sepia and other special exposure modes.
- Built-in flash with Auto, Red-Eye Reduction, Fill-In, Off and Slow-Sync modes.
- External flash PC sync.
- 12 second self-timer with remote control.
- JPEG, uncompressed TIFF, Wave and QuickTime Motion JPEG file formats.
- Image capture on SmartMedia.
- USB and serial computer connections.
- Direct print capabilities with optional Olympus printer.