GTX Frontpoint Gaitter

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title GTX Frontpoint Gaitter
Manufacturer Black Diamond
Page By noah
Page Type May 30, 2003 / May 30, 2003
Object ID 9411
Hits 1524
Vote
These ice-climbing specific gaiters were designed to keep debris underfoot, rather than under-gaiter. With their sleek fit, the GTXs have a Velcro closure system that allows for maximum adjustabilty. These gaiters are secured under your boot with a thermoplastic strap that ensures they stay put and don’t slide down or slip off. Easily adjusted while wearing gloves or thick mittens, they fit Sorels, ice boots, mountaineering boots and non-buckle ski boots. Color: Gray or Black.
  • Made of 2- layer Gore tex with Ballistics bottoms. Made as a firm fitting design to reduce snagging.
  • Velcro overlap closure provides a forgiving fit over many kinds of boots.
  • Designed with ice climbing in mind high cut to give maximum movement.
  • Offers a wide range of ajustment.
  • Sold in 4 sizes (S, M, L, XL)

Reviews


Viewing: 1-5 of 5

noah - May 30, 2003 11:53 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Designed with ice climbing in mind, i've taken to using them for all round alpine work, it may sound stupid but they feel nice to wear, not stiff.

They fit easliy over both my leather boots and over my Koflach vertical with out any problem.

Light weight to.....

The hook could be a little bit longer

grandwazoo - Nov 9, 2003 8:35 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Have had no problems with these gaitor's other than they don't cover enough of the boot and have trouble with latger boots. Easy on and off.

b. - Feb 10, 2004 9:38 am - Voted 3/5

Untitled Review
I just retired a two year old pair of these gaiters, and I plan on replacing them with another brand. I was not happy with the strap underfoot. It broke very easily. I had webbing protecting it, but it came off at the bar tack seam. Also, the way the strap pulls on the bottom of the gaiter does allow snow in if they aren't as tight as you can get them. They do fit well, and flex easily, and they are light. I've put a few holes in mine trying to high step on ice.

miztflip - Nov 28, 2004 9:16 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
My wife uses these and on a recent trip I accidentally took hers instead of my Crocs.



I found them to be great fitting along the calf as well as over my boots. They prevented less snow from getting under them.



They seem to be well made and suited for there intended use of ice climbing and mountaineering.

travisgollaher - Oct 26, 2005 5:03 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I have a pair of thees that I use on my koflach Verticals the have a nice cut to them and are comfortable. so far I am impressed. Black diamond alawse seems to deliver good gear.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5