Hubba Hubba

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Hubba Hubba
Manufacturer MSR
Page By Turbo
Page Type Apr 1, 2005 / Apr 1, 2005
Object ID 9968
Hits 1229
Vote
This is a 3-season tent designed for 2 people. It has a unique one pole design that allows for easy set up. Two vestibules and two doors allow easy access. The tent is rectangular at the base and has extensive mesh for ventilation. The full coverage rainfly keeps everything dry and also can be used along with the footprint as a lightweight shelter without the tent. The footprint is sold seperately for $34.95.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

paule - Jan 4, 2006 9:51 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I bought this tent because I wanted lightweight shelter for two, and to cover most spring and fall conditions.



I was a little skeptical of this tent's puny characteristics at first, but that was quickly squashed after the first trip. As if the tent had something to prove, every time I have taken used it, I have been caught in bad weather, ranging from 40 MPH winds, rain, sleet, hail, and in on one occasion, rising water around the outside that when I woke up, I was wondering if the tent was going to become a raft. On every trip thus far, the Hubba Hubba has proven to me that it was up for the task.



It is reasonably comfortable with one partner and gear for two days. This tent is very quick and easy to set up. (I have not used the one-person version of this tent, but it should have similar results, as it is essentially the same.)



The only annoyance I have with it is that the vestible door flaps appear to be a little too short. At first, I figured it was just a matter of the tent stretching out a tad when it was new, but that does not appear to be the case.



I do not consider this to be a one-pole tent, as it tends to be marketed, since the size and weight of the single pole is easily the equivalent to two tent poles. However, the solid design of the pole hubs, and ease of setup more than makes up for it.



If you like the size / layout and door locations, and are looking for solid 3-season tent for two, you will probably want to check this one out.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1