MapSend Topo 3D

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title MapSend Topo 3D
Manufacturer Magellan
Page By
Page Type Jun 27, 2005 / Jun 27, 2005
Object ID 1361
Hits 5128
Vote
Topo map software compatible with Magellan GPS models.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Alpinist - Feb 12, 2008 3:15 pm - Voted 2/5

More of the same...
I can't believe I bought this after having purchased the MapSend Topo 2D software. Fortunately, I found it on sale for half price. It is essentially identical to the 2D software with the addition of 3D visualization. This should have been sold as an upgrade to the 2D software rather than as a different product.

The 3D visualization is every bit as crude as the 2D software. (See my review on the 2D software here.) GoogleEarth is light years better than the 3D visualiztion of the MapSend software. The only benefit the 3D software offers is the ability to see Waypoints and places of interest on the 3D view. Keep in mind that the 3D view can only be seen on your computer screen. You can't view 3D on your GPS.

Also note that topo maps for Alaska are NOT included.

phoxtrot - Nov 4, 2009 8:25 pm - Voted 3/5

Basic map with topo
I purchased this for my Magellan GPS's. It is a good basic map with most water sources, roads, mountains, points of interest, trail heads, and topo lines. It does not have trail systems, which I really wish it had. It is a good basic topo map, but could use more detail. I don't see a lot of difference in the 3D compared to the other versions.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2