Lightweight waterproof bivy
Features (per manufacturer)
- Season: 4-season
- Weight: regular 15 oz (0.43 kg), long 17 oz (0.48 kg)
- Dimensions: regular 82" x 31" (208 x 79 cm), long (223 x 79 cm)
- Fabric: REI Elements ripstop nylon laminate (waterproof breathable)
- Packed size: 6" x 10"
- Six zippers for configuring various arm/head openings
- Sleeping bag clip to prevent your bag from scooting around
- Waterproof breathable
- Mesh bug panel
- Price (<$100)
- As with many waterproof breathable fabrics, condensation may be an issue (some REI reviewers noted lack of breathability)
- No waterproof flap option for the mesh bug panel area
- No tent pole for your head area
Fossana's Biased ViewThis was a last minute purchase for me for a Whitney E Buttress trip and I was limited to instock items at the Santa Monica REI. It was the lightest weight bivy they had. I thought that I would feel claustrophobic, but it was fine. I tend to be on the cold side when I sleep and if it's warm enough (and relatively mosquito free) I wouldn't bother to sleep in the bivy, so I'm not overly worried about the condensation issue. So far no complaints.