Mojo

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Mojo
Manufacturer Dana Design
Page By pphlux
Page Type Mar 1, 2004 / Mar 1, 2004
Object ID 1023
Hits 6450
Vote
The MoJo is a full-featured backpackers domicile for two. Three-season protection with all the features you are looking for in a home - covered front porch, bay window, and utility room out the back. For those sun drenched days when you're looking for some shade to hide under, the front awning has you covered. Dana Design shelter for the trail.

* Front and rear vestibules give you additional weather protected storage space.
* Two high exhaust vents keep humidity and condensation at bay.
* Inverted zippers on outside doors shed water from vestibules.
* Bathtub floors with polyurethane coating maintain a dry floor with minimum weight.
* Rainfly's dual-zipper door converts to awning with two Leki trekking poles.
* Poles: 3 Easton 7075-T9 poles (.340" diam.) assembled with SHOK Technology shock cord for flexible elasticity in a wide range of temperatures.
* Factory seam sealed rainfly.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

pphlux - Mar 1, 2004 2:41 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I was riding my bike to work, when I saw a guy who had this tent and another Dana Design setup in his front yard with a for sale sign. He said he worked for Dana, and they were unused. I couldn't resist, and bought it on the spot for $250. Boy was I glad when I checked at EMS and found they go for about $350...

Anyway, I've had this tent for about four years now, and it has worked great. I had a small problem with the front door zippers, since I staked the vestiblue, and _then_ tried to zip the door. It was too tight and the stress popped the zipper off the tent. I was able to fix this, however.

I have used it in many different places, including above 12,000' in winter (cold, but OK if its not windy), and at the beach (watch out! fine sand will blow in through the mesh!) I have also been happy and dry in feirce thunderstorms. The large front vestibule is handy for keeping your stuff dry, and I use it to cook during winter. This tent has a long side, and a short side. I find the short side a bit cramped for my 6' frame, but the long side is adequate.

This has been a great three season tent, and I have used it a few times in winter, as I did not have a winter tent. I just purchased a Bibler Tempest, so expect an inital review soon.

If you're looking for a sturdy, long lasting, somewhat reasonably priced three season tent, this is the one for you. I'm not sure if they're still being sold, but I've seen a few on the 'net for sale new, as of March, 2004.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1