Omega GTX

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Omega GTX
Manufacturer La Sportiva
Page By Biscut
Page Type Nov 26, 2012 / Nov 26, 2012
Object ID 8399
Hits 5108
Vote

Hiking Boot



http://www.sportiva.com/products/footwear/hikingbackpacking/omega-gtx

Purchase a pair of the LaSportiva Omega GTX in September. Have had a chance to put some miles on them anf thought I'd post my impressions.

I ordered a size 47 and they fit just right. My foot is on the larger side and inbetween "norml" and wide. Footwear is a huge obstacle for me. ASIXS sneakers fit just fine while Nike is usually to narrow for me. The Omega GTX was just right. Heel is comfortably locked in and toes are jsut right with a pair of medium Smartwool sox.

First trip out was a shork hike around the Shawgunks in NY. One heel bit me a bit high on the ankle. Happy to say after that they broke in pretty damn well and quickly. Took them on a few other short trips.

Late October took them to Webster/Jackson (Crawford Noth NH) and did the loop trial. Boots were very comfortable all day and did well dealing with all the sharp NH granite cutting at your leather. Grip on a few of the scrambles at top was excellent.

For a summer boot they are on the heavy side, but for me I think they are an excellent Spring/Fall/early winter in Northeast boot.

Very much recommend them.

Features

Add Features text here.

Reviews

No reviews written yet.