Slide

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Slide
Manufacturer Black Diamond
Page By Ed F
Page Type Jul 31, 2005 / Jul 31, 2005
Object ID 10057
Hits 829
Vote
Black Diamond packs are lightweight and durable tools that can bring you closer to the environments that you dream about everyday—places like jagged peaks, desert spires, dense forests and secluded beaches. Designed for those who love the simplicity of being outdoors and on their own, our packs provide you with just what you need and nothing more. You’ll find comfort in our designs with no extraneous clutter to hold you back or oversized straps to whip you into submission. Based on a heritage steeped in alpinism and a design philosophy of sophisticated minimalism, our lightweight packs are designed for and tested in the wickedest conditions to ensure season after-season reliability and performance for any type of backcountry travel.

The simple clamshell design of the Slide has been updated with waterproof 210-denier SilNylon, a mini-diamond nylon ripstop fabric impregnated with silicon nylon. It’s more durable, yet weighs less, improving an already streamlined system. The same features of the Slide pack that made it a favorite last season—the adaptable hydration pouch and tube hole, basic shovel slot, easy-to-access skin pouch, side ski holders and vertical-carry snowboard strap—are still here, which means the Slide is ready for lap after lap of the fresh stuff.

DETAILS
SilNylon Our SilNylon is silicone and PU-coated nylon—a unique material with a high strength-to-weight ratio, water-shedding capability and the ability to self-heal small punctures. SilNylon is used throughout our pack line for its light weight and excellent strength.

Die Cut Hypalon Two-layer Hypalon accessory loops are incredibly durable and streamlined as opposed to the clutter of traditional webbing accessory loops. Grippy and extremely tough, Hypalon is ideal for attaching ice and snow gear to your pack.


Minimalistic design with maximum function
Light and durable 210d SilNylon is stronger yet weighs less
Carries board or skis
Hydration compatible

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Ed F - Jul 31, 2005 6:31 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
This is a great day-touring pack. The outside pocket holds a shovel and probe perfectly. The inside holds a few layers and odds and ends. The ski loops are built well.



Great overall pack.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1