Guide

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Guide
Manufacturer Da Kine
Page By bigwilly
Page Type Mar 8, 2005 / Mar 8, 2005
Object ID 1274
Hits 3459
Vote
This pack is a nice pack for climbing, hiking, and ski/snowboard mountaineering. Dakine, is originally a snowboard company and so this pack includes all of the features required for the sport. You can load this pack from the top, or from the back, which is handy when you're carrying bulky ski gear. Also, includes a quickdraw, a mesh water bottle pocket, some daisy chains, a diagonal ski carry straps, and horizontal straps for carrying a snowboard, rope, or snowshoes. Finally, the waist strap features a small stash pocket for stashing small essential you may need on the trail, two probes pockets are sewn into the inside, and the top of the pack includes a bungee cord system. Also includes another strap that can be used for extra security, or carrying, a helmet, rope, or anything else. A great pack.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

bigwilly - Mar 24, 2005 3:21 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Excellent provides lots of room for the long haul, but still loaded with features. Especially nice is the back access, a feature which I've only seen on a Dakine. I've used it on a number of ski mountaineering trips and also climbing trips in the summer. Lots of pockets, make it easy to organize all of your gear. Great product that I highly recommend for climbing/skiing day trips, and simple weekend overnighter.

dnparadice - Aug 26, 2008 1:12 am - Voted 5/5

great pack
I have used this pack for years, summer hiking and winter skiing. It has held up great. It is the perfect size for both. I got this pack for hiking and skiing the back country in Colorado. When the summer came around and I needed a pack I grabbed it fit all the gear I needed for weekend trips so I have been using it during the summer as well. I used another pack that did not have the back access and wondered how people get buy without it.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2